A collection of what strikes me as worth noting.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

I Did It!





BookJools is now an official "sole proprietor" business!! I filed for a Federal Tax ID Number, I submitted a "Doing Business As" form and I am in two craft shows this fall: These beautiful objects are now on sale to the public! I'm donating some for charity fund-raisers, and I'm thinking of donating a portion of every bookmark sale to the charity of the purchaser's choice. That'll take a little organization on my part, but I think I can do it. Right now the glass-and-charm bookmarks are $3.00 each, and the bookmarks with sterling silver charms on them are $8.00- $10.00 depending on how much the original charm cost me. Please e-mail me at bookjools@hotmail.com to order -and you can request the number, color, length and theme you'd like! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

MIght be easier to let purchasers designate a charity from a list. My sister-in-law has a business (http://jewels4cures.us/) designed to raise money for a basket of charities (she started w/ cancer awareness & prevention but things have grown). She might be able to suggest ways to work this out.

beads-n-books said...

What a clever idea (as well as business name!) - I'll check out her site and perhaps contact her with questions. That is a great way of giving choices, but limiting them so that everything can be run efficiently. Thanks!

MrWerks said...

Rock on! I'll be glad to order some as I need for awards in my business or my new Toastmasters clubs! Congratulations on being an independent business owner!